Financial Assistance / Support Services

Australian Government payment information:

  • The Australian Government provides financial help to eligible students through payments administered by the Department of Human Services. Visit the Department of Human Services website to find out if you are eligible for a payment.
  • Youth Allowance is a payment for people aged 16 to 24 who are studying full time or doing a full-time Australian Apprenticeship. Some job seekers aged 16 to 21 can also access these payments.
  • Austudy is a payment for people aged 25 or over who are studying full time or doing a full-time Australian Apprenticeship.
  • ABSTUDY is a group of payments for Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and Australian Apprentices.

h&h payment support:

Take the stress out of your budget while studying with h&h. For students not eligible for subsidised training, we can help.

Our simple payment plans can fit around your budget. We can tailor your repayments to help you better manage your cash flow. These can be set up for weekly, fortnightly, or monthly debits.

Our students receive support in the following:

  • Employment referrals (employers promote vacancies at our college)
  • Career advice
  • Language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) support
  • Resume/Cover letter building
  • Complimentary workshops
  • Assistance with concession travel card
  • Wi-fi access

h&h student services & support: 

Adults choose to learn for different reasons, more often related to their life and professional situations, plans and prospects. Each student brings different life and study experience to the course. Each of our trainers understand that some students have not been involved in the study process for many years.

Our learner support includes:

  • firstly, identifying the individual’s learner needs /identifying the individual’s study skills
  • helping learners to self-assess and peer-assess their different learning skills
  • improving awareness of the types and kinds of study skills
  • using suitable methods and techniques for different skills development
  • creating a positive and supportive environment
  • clarifying technical/industry jargon
  • providing opportunities for ‘hands-on’ experience and practice (where applicable)
  • offering telephone/email support and advice /resume and cover letter writing assistance

A fundamental element of the h&h training system is the provision of additional support and/or reasonable modifications for students requiring further assistance. For example, cultural barriers may limit a student’s understanding in units delivered. Trainers, in these instances, may investigate a different approach to their training style that adapts to the cultural background.

When further support is required, students may be provided with contact details for local community service groups and State Training Services. In the event of a student experiencing language difficulties, h&h may obtain the services of interpreters and local migrant resource centre support staff. Please ask front reception for further information.

Mental Health and Wellbeing Support Information:

If you are experiencing depression or anxiety anywhere in Australia, you can contact Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636. They also have chat online and email services that can be accessed through their website:

If you are in an emergency personal crisis, you can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14. Lifeline has 24 / 7 telephone counselling service and online chat crisis support. Their counsellors are trained to offer emotional support in times of personal crisis.

If you have alcohol and / or drug problems, you can contact Alcohol and Drug Foundation information line on 1300 85 85 84 or visit their website on

If you are a victim of a crime, you may be entitled to access a range of free services from NSW Victims Services, including ongoing counselling and financial support. Victims Access Line 1800 633 063 free call (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).

If you have experienced family and domestic violence, you can contact 1800 RESPECT or 1800 732 732. It is a 24-hour free family and domestic violence counselling line. For Aboriginal students, you can contact Aboriginal Family Domestic Violence Hotline on 1800 019 123. This line provides information on victim’s rights and how to access counselling and financial assistance.

If you have experienced sexual assault, you can access free medical care at the emergency department of any public hospital. NSW Health’s specialist Sexual Assault Services are available for free 24 hours a day. Sexual assault is a crime, and you can make a report to police by:

  • calling triple zero (000)
  • attending a police station in person
  • reporting the incident anonymously through Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.