Online Course FAQs

Who is h&h?

h&h Accredited Training Australasia Inc is a proudly Australian-owned and operated family business. The company has been offering quality education and training to people wishing to begin a new career or advance their existing career for more than 20 years.

h&h offers a range of nationally recognised qualifications, including early childhood education, aged care, disability, individual support, community services and business. The CEO and the general manager, supported by a team of managers, are responsible for the day to day operations of the company, ensuring compliance with the requirements of ASQA, VET Quality Framework and other government funding bodies.

With its quality training track record, you are assured that with h&h, you will receive effective, individualised training, specific to your needs. The ultimate aim of the company is to provide you with the best quality student support to succeed at study and qualify for your dream career.


How do I contact h&h?

h&h is located at 98 South street, Granville, NSW It is close to shops and services and conveniently located approximately 5 minutes’ walk from Granville railway station, making it easy for students to travel to/from the college.

You can contact the college by:

  • telephone on 02 9682 0100
  • email at granville@hnh.org.au
  • using the contact form on the website hnh.org.au
  • contacting us via our links to the college on Facebook and Instagram

The college is open Monday through to Saturday from 8.30am to 4.30pm. Our friendly and experienced staff will provide you with expert information and answer any queries you may have.

How do I enrol with h&h?

The enrolment process can be completed on site or enrol now online.

Please contact our friendly staff to ask any questions you may have about the course you are interested in. Students need to demonstrate an adequate level of numeracy, language and literacy skills to enrol. Currently, h&h is registered to deliver training to domestic students only.

Please contact our friendly administration staff and accounts staff to discuss all aspects of your course, fees and other necessary requirements prior to commencing your studies. For students who complete the “Contact Us” form through the website, a staff member will contact you to speak to you about the course you would like to study and give you further information, as well as answering any questions you might have.

To gain entry into h&h courses, you are required to provide two forms of original and current identification (including photo identification and domestic residential address).

Do I have to undertake Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) testing?

All students are required to demonstrate a Language, Literacy and Numeracy level that ensures that they have the English language and communication skills appropriate for the qualification they intend to study.

An LLN test can be conducted on site or via a Zoom Conference and must be completed as part of the enrolment process.

Do you provide induction and student support?

Students are required to attend induction on the first day at the college and are provided with the following information:

  • training/employment pathways  
  • outline of your course / work experience requirements / assessment procedures
  • course times and attendance requirements
  • student forms to be completed
  • explanation of course materials
  • payment information
  • explanation of college staff roles
  • background information on the trainer, their experience and knowledge in their area of expertise
  • student facilities and amenities
  • college protocol on emergency evacuation procedure / general house keeping

What are my students’ rights and protection?

h&h is committed to being transparent in providing students with information about their learning experience in the college.

Students are also given comprehensive information about the qualifications and what to expect when they initially inquire about the training. They can also publicly get information about h&h products and services from the website and through resources like brochures and the student handbook. This information is important in assisting students to make informed decisions about their careers and study choices.

On enrolment, students are provided with further detailed information about their chosen course and what to expect during their period of study.

Do you have government-funded programs?

Smart and Skilled

h&h is an approved provider of the Smart and Skilled NSW Government funding initiative and is a nationally registered training provider. Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW vocational education and training system. It assists people to get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.

Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:

  • an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
  • government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.

To find out if you’re eligible for funding, simply, click here. For pricing enquiries, please click here. Use the Course Finder to check your eligibility, find the right Smart and Skilled course and approved training provider, and estimate your student fee. Further information about Smart and Skilled is available on our website at the link https://hnh.org.au/smart-and-skilled/.

Do you have other programs?

h&h is also an approved provider of the VET Student Loans program. The program provides an income contingent loan offered by the Australian Government that helps eligible students pay for approved vocational education and training (VET) diploma level or above courses. More information on VSL is available on our website https://hnh.org.au/loans/.

To check your eligibility, please phone our college on 02 9682 0100 to discuss the options available to you.

What training does h&h offer?

h&h offers students flexible learning options to fit in with their schedules. Students can choose to study via the following:

Classroom Education

h&h offers classroom training for all qualifications. Scheduled class information is available at the front reception. Course hours are listed on your confirmation letter upon enrolment (9:30am – 3:30pm). It is important that every possible effort is made to arrive at the venue on time and leave on time, to gain maximum benefit from your training. Trainers/assessors will provide each student with a current timetable for assessment due dates.

Students are required to attend each lesson. Frequent absences or lateness may result in a Not Yet Competent (NYC) result. If you are unable to attend class due to sickness or a personal issue, it is your responsibility to notify the college prior to class commencement on the day that you are unable to attend. Absences that are continuous may lead to a course suspension. Support is in place for students who require additional assistance and extensions on submissions.

Distance Education (Home Based Study/Paper Based)

For students that do not have access to classroom training, h&h offers distance education. Students have access to an onsite trainer/assessor, available for appointments, phone calls and emails. This is available for each qualification on our scope of registration. We have a simple 4-step enrolment process:

    1. student contacts the college to make an appointment for enrolment.
    2. completes enrolment paperwork, provides identification.
    3. student discusses payment options with college/accounts staff.
    4. student meets the distance co-ordinator and distance dedicated trainer/assessor.
    5. student can commence studies!

Students have access to trainers via email (with a guaranteed response within 24 hours on all course enquiries) or via phone. If a student requires additional support and would like to join a class for any unit, they can phone the college for timetable information. This is at no extra cost to the distance student. If student want to move to the class permanently to complete their course, then they must pay the fee gap.

Students can submit completed assessments via the following 3 options.

    1. Posted to the college (P.O. Box 1, Granville 2142)
    2. Scanned to the college email address (granville@hnh.org.au) / distance@hnh.org.au
    3. Handed in at college reception (98 South Street Granville)

Students will be notified of assessment outcomes within 14 days of receipt and provided feedback by their trainer/assessor.

Traineeship (Onsite Workplace training)

A Traineeship is a way in which you combine employment and training to gain a nationally recognised qualification. Trainees continue to work in their role while gaining new skills. Traineeships are usually full time but can also be part time. Our trainer/assessors will visit you on site every 4 weeks.

As part of the chosen qualification there is a theory and practical component that must be completed and marked as competent by the trainer. This includes monitoring for units requiring work placement. Progress reports will be sent every month to the Employer and Trainee with any updated progress of competent units.

If First Aid unit (HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting) is part of the chosen qualification this will be organised by h&h and conducted at the college. If First Aid unit has previously been completed, a copy of Certificate must be provided to the coordinator or trainer within 3 weeks along with a signed Credit Transfer form.

Each trainee will be provided with an expiry date by their Apprenticeship Network provider in which they will need to complete the requirements of the course to receive their full qualification.

Submitting assessments is as easy as posting, emailing, or handing to the trainer/assessor upon visits. An Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) will also assist a trainee throughout the traineeship regarding mentoring programs, incentives etc.

Mixed Mode (Online Training)

h&h is now delivering their qualifications online for students via Canvas. This portal allows students to access their work booklets and answer all assessment/quizzes online which will submit to their trainer automatically for marking. Upon completion of each unit students will receive feedback and results from their Trainers/Assessors within 14 days of receipt. Each student will be provided access to their student portal upon their finalisation of enrolment (a email notification will be sent with the login details to the email address provided from the student), if students have any questions/support needs the Online Coordinator will assist them through their journey. Appointments will be available with Trainer/Assessor or Zoom if more suitable.

How do you assess your courses?

Various assessment methods are used throughout your studies. The trainer/assessor collects sufficient evidence to demonstrate the student’s competence. These can include, but are not limited to:

  • written questions and answers
  • role play
  • presentation
  • workplace observation
  • assessment tasks i.e. report writing, case study and questions
  • group activity / excursion
  • third party report
  • practical skills demonstration

What can I expect from h&h trainers and assessors?

Our educators are at the top of their game and leaders in their industries. They are extremely well-qualified and experienced and can support you through your study journey to bring your skills to a level that is advanced and employable. Our trainers undergo regular in-service training to ensure their industry and professional skills remain current.

The trainers will provide you with all the information you need to ensure your learning journey is smooth and successful. They will answer any questions you might have and explain all course details clearly to you. Trainers use a variety of teaching methods in the classroom, including group work, role plays, presentations, discussions, projects, in classroom assignments, take home assignments, projects and excursions. Trainers will also fully explain and guide you through the assessment process.

Can I get Recognition of Prior Learning orCredit Transfer?

Recognition of Prior Learning (also called RPL) is an assessment process that assesses an individual’s non-formal and informal learning to determine the extent to which that individual has achieved the required learning outcomes, competency outcomes, or standards for entry to, and/or partial or total completion of, a qualification.

Credit Transfer (also called CT) assesses the initial qualification or unit that an individual is using to claim access to, or the award of credit in, a destination course. The assessment determines the extent to which the client’s initial qualification or unit is equivalent to the required learning outcomes, competency outcomes, or standards in a qualification.

All students are entitled to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer (CT).  Please ask for a copy of the application form should this apply to you.

Please note that h&h recognises AQF qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by other Registered Training Organisation (RTO).

Do you provide work placement?

In some of h&h courses, students are required to participate in work placement where they develop and demonstrate the application of skills and knowledge in a workplace environment. The theoretical component of the course requires students to demonstrate knowledge, while the work placement component requires demonstration of practical skills in a real-life workplace situation. Work placement further provides students with the opportunity to work with other employees. By combining the theory and practical components of training, students gain valuable employability skills within a specific industry.

Students have the option to organise their own work placement, otherwise college staff are happy to arrange placement in one of the many facilities that h&h have a relationship with. Trainers regularly visit students during work placement.

Work placement hours are specific to some units of competency within the qualification and will be discussed when you start your studies. The following information outlines placement requirements by qualification:

  • Early childhood education and care services students are required to complete their work placement at a long day care centre, catering to age groups 0 to 6.
  • Aged care students are required to complete their work placement in a high care facility.
  • Disability students are required to complete their work placement at an approved organisation.

Students should note that work placement may not be able to be commenced if assessments and all theoretical activities have not been completed and handed in.

Prior to commencing work placement, students are required to complete a National Police Check  for aged care and disability students, Working with Children Check for early childhood education and care students and complete first aid. All students are covered by the h&h Public Liability Insurance while on work placement.

How do I get my results?

  • All h&h courses are nationally recognised. Students can visit https://training.gov.au/ for further information. Our National RTO Code is 90784.

    Students must successfully complete all units of competency, including demonstration and evidence of sound knowledge in the theoretical and practical components of the course, and pay fees in full prior to course end date to obtain their Qualification or Statement of Attainment (SOA).  When competency has been achieved, students will be issued with a Qualification or SOA.

    Certificates are issued within 21 days of competency achievement.

    For any qualifications or certificates that need to be reissued, students are required to pay $30.00 per replacement document.

What do I do if I have a complaint or want to appeal?

h&h provides all students with access to a complaints and resolution process to ensure complaints are resolved as expeditiously and effectively as possible. All complaints and appeals are completed in the strictest of confidence, staff always adhere to privacy laws and confidentiality agreements.

Should there be a problem with any matter concerning students’ studies, the first instance is for the student to raise the concern with their trainer. If the matter is not resolved; students can then proceed to the formal complaint procedure which involves completing and lodging a complaints form to the manager. The complaint will be addressed by management and a response will be given within five business days. Should the student not be satisfied with the outcome received from the college, the student will be provided with the regulatory body contact information to escalate the complaint. In this instance, the regulator is Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).

Students can also appeal if they disagree with their assessment results. The appeals process is completed by first discussing the results with the trainer. If this approach does not reach a resolution, the student can request an ‘Appeals Against Assessment Results Form’. Once completed, this form will be submitted to the team leader within seven days and the student will be notified of the outcome in writing within five business days. Students have 30 days from the date that the assessment was deemed unsuccessful to appeal the assessment result.


How do I pay my course fees?

Students are advised of course fees on inquiry, or they can access the course prices on the website here

Payment of fees

h&h has implemented flexible payment options to assist students with course fees. These options include:

  • a direct debiting system is available upon request with PAY SMART.
  • credit card, EFTPOS and cash payments
  • credit card/visa debit card payments via telephone
  • money order or bank cheque
  • direct deposit via h&h’s bank account at an ANZ branch or bank transfer.

Each student is issued with a confirmation letter upon enrolment which lists all details for the above payment options. It is imperative that students obtain and keep a record of their receipts. If further information is required, please contact our Accounts Department for more details.

Refund policy 

Should h&h cancel a course the student will be refunded 100% of all course fees paid including the administration fee. Should a student withdraw prior to commencement, h&h will retain the administration fee paid upon enrolment. Any other fees paid at enrolment will be refunded.  In the case of a student withdrawing during their enrolment, h&h will retain the administration fee and any monies received for training and materials provided. Exceptional circumstances will be considered by management.


What about access and equity?

h&h adheres to the principles of access and equity for all students and staff members. The college is committed to making sure all courses are accessible to students; not excluding any group, culture or individual from participating in our courses or attending an associated workplace; making certain all students have an equal opportunity to progress through their course and complete their studies; ensuring course material does not contain language, images or audio visuals that are potentially derogatory or offensive; seeking feedback from students as to their level of satisfaction with all aspects of the training received; reviewing our courses and administration procedures to improve and maintain quality and relevance  and providing student support services to ensure equal opportunity

h&h is committed to equal opportunity in education and employment for students and staff. Our college aims to provide an environment which fosters equity and fairness and recognises respects and values the diversity of each student and staff member.  All staff are responsible for implementing equal opportunity and diversity principles and to refrain from bullying, discrimination and harassment.

How is my privacy protected?

At h&h, your privacy is important to us.  h&h complies with the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, which amends the Privacy Act 1988, and employs all reasonable endeavours to ensure that information about a person is protected from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, in accordance with the Privacy Amendment Act.

Personal information may be stored either in hard copy or electronic form. Student records are treated confidentially, and hard copies are kept in a safe and secure manner in lockable cabinets. IT systems are secure and backed up as required to ensure safety of data storage. Students do not have access to other student’s files.

How can I learn more about h&h?

For more information about h&h services please visit our website at www.hnh.org.au. You can also view our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HnHAccreditedTraining and Instagram at www.instagram.com/hnhaccreditedtraining/.