Infection control training with h&h
h&h Accredited Training has been enlisted by Training NSW to help train more people to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other infections.
Our infection control training is an effective way for people who work in retail and care industries, to learn how to keep themselves, their business and their community safe.
The training is delivered online, where you learn everything you need to know while engaging in theoretical and practical activities.
h&h is currently training staff in infection control across a wide variety of roles in different locations for an aged care provider.
All about our infection control training in New South Wales
Infection control training through h&h offers retail, hospitality and food handling businesses an opportunity to upskill people to comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
The training is perfect for businesses who want to ensure their workers have the skills needed to decrease transmission of infection. The training and information is delivered through h&h’s online learning portal, with practical tasks in the workplace assessed by a supervisor.
The training is suitable for a wide variety of people over the age of 15 and covers topics such as:
- Preventing and controlling infection in the workplace
- Common infections and how they spread
- How to understand infection hazards associated with your role and workplace
- How to follow hand washing and sanitising protocols
- The correct sneeze and cough etiquette
- Identifying infection hazards and assessing risks
- How to follow procedures for managing infection risks at work
Training Services NSW has committed funding to h&h Accredited Training to deliver this priority skill set as part of NSW Government’s COVID-19 response. This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
This nationally recognised training gives learners infection control skills and knowledge to manage the risks of infection in the workplace. The online training course for infection prevention and control is simple to navigate and easy to understand, usually taking less than one day to complete.
Attendees who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency: HLTINF001 or HLTINFCOV001 (Retail) Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
Infection control learning
Each student will be taught the correct processes and procedures to minimise infection transmission in retail, community organisations or food workplaces. This training includes the student demonstrating their skills, by either video upload, workplace assessment or zoom session.
The student’s practical skills are also assessed in their workplace after progressing through the easy-to-follow online training. These practical skills include:
- Following hand hygiene practices in accordance with organisation policies and procedures
- Following procedures for environmental cleaning and disposing of contaminated waste
- How to minimise contaminating work equipment and materials
- How to put on and remove (don and doff) the correct personal protective equipment
h&h offers supportive forums and help from our qualified trainers to ensure the training is successful.